Apply for jobs now. Put yourself out there and network. Familiarize yourself with resources and people.
Apply for a minimum of one job per week from now until you get hired.
- Utilize Handshake to apply. (It has jobs from companies seeking UNT Grads)
- For help using Handshake to do this, watch this video or meet with a Career Coach.
- Also utilize LinkedIn Jobs and other sites to find opportunities (set Job Alerts).
Start a network of people you can go to for advice and information about potential jobs.
- Find a mentor in the Mean Green Mentors program.
- Ask your professors or mentor and look at the LinkedIn profiles of those in your target industry for suggestions. Some organizations charge a lower membership fee for students and recent graduates.
- Join a professional organization in your chosen field.
- Start/Update your LinkedIn page.
- Attend a career fair or employer event to learn about available job opportunities.
- Staffing Agencies